Mold by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Water damage in your home or office? You could be at risk for mold growth - this topic is actually a lot more complex than you might think. So let the SERVPRO Professionals break it down a bit.
"Governor Andrew Cuomo signed NYS Senate Bill S3667D-2013 which will create Article 32 to the Labor Law. This article will establish the licensing of mold inspection, assessment, and remediation specialists and minimum work standards."
Now that this law is in effect - mold remediation specialists are required to have much more certification on their ends. The specifics about requirements to become a licensed assessor or remediator have been left to New York State Department Of Labor. But for homeowners, all you need to know is that any contractor that performs mold remediation/abatement services must be certified.
When should you hire a mold remediation company?
- New York State has set fourth a guideline that whenever 10 sq ft or more of mold is found you should consult a mold remediation specialist.
Need a few more tips?
- Request proof of pollution insurance
- Request proof of workers compensation and liability insurance
- Request employee and company certification.
- Obtain a written contract for all work to be done and costs to be incurred.
Or you could just call SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties because our employees are certified mold remediators and stay up to date on all certifications and requirements set forth by New York State. Our team will continue to advance in mold remediation techniques as the industry advances each year.
Mold is a serious threat to home and office owners, so having professionals who know how to handle the job is crucial. We're just down the road. Give us a call at 607-846-3685.