Is Your Washing Machine Leaking?
- Replace water supply hoses- Water supply hoses can become brittle and burst. Check them periodically and replace your old hoses with a new hose that consists of flexible plastic tubing encased in a stainless steel braided exterior. Purchase an auto-shut off hose protector that protects against catastrophic water damage by automatically shutting off. If excess water flow is sensed the water supply to the washing machine will turn off.
- Get a washer floor tray- Replace or repair your leaking washing machine right away to protect against future leaks, slide a water-catching tray under your washing machine to catch drips and leaks. It's an inexpensive way to prevent water damage to your floor from a leaking washing machine.
- Purchase a single-lever shut off valve- Turn the water off after each load of wash. Replace your dual faucets with a single lever which controls both hot and cold water simultaneously.
- Floor protection device- An automatic water leak detection device prevents flooding by immediately shitting off both the hot and cold water supply to that washing machine when sensors detect a water leak. These devices are quick and easy to install by homeowners and provide 24/7 protection against water damage caused by washing machine floods. Some flood protection devices sound an audible alarm.
- Automatic Washing Machine Water Shutoff Valve and Leak Sensor- The shutoff valve protects against catastrophic water damage. It allows water to flow when it senses that the washing machine is turned on, and stops water from flowing if the machine is turned off. It also stops water from flowing if it senses excessive water flow or detects a leak.