Commercial Rental Properties by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Do you own rental property? Have your previous tenants left an unsightly mess after they have moved out? Perhaps they left a large amount of garbage and debris, dirty floors and walls or left a strong smelling odor that would make it impossible to rent again as is.That can be an overwhelming experience! But don’t worry, we’re here to help get your rental property clean, fresh smelling and ready for the next tenants to move in.
Give SERVPRO a call and we’ll send out an estimator that will thoroughly explain the type of cleaning needed and how we would get your rental property cleaned and sanitized. Our estimators have seen all sorts of damage caused by previous tenants and have a good understanding of what chemicals and cleaning techniques would be needed. They also can estimate the time needed to perform the necessary tasks. This will provide you with an estimated cost and timeline for the cleaning project.
We’ll then schedule a crew to complete the cleaning for you.
Some of the tasks our technicians could do for you to get your rental property ready to rent again:
Clean floors, ceilings and walls
Clean carpeting and upholstery
Thermal fogging- to remove any unwanted odors
Cleaning kitchens and bathrooms
If you should find any other tasks not listed, please feel free to call our office and check with any other things you may come across that may need cleaning.
Covering up Mold by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Over the years, we have talked to many home and business owners about mold. We have talked to people who have tried to get rid of the mold on their own and then decided that they need our help. You should know, we’re here for you! We’re here to answer your questions and remove the mold from your home safely and effectively.
We have talked to home owners who have sprayed mold, scrubbed the surface mold, painted over it with paint or Kilz. All of these techniques have ended with the same story, “the mold came back”.
The mold comes back because in these circumstances, your simply covering up the mold or removing what can be seen on the surface. These methods are not actually removing the mold completely from the materials where the mold has invaded.
Materials in your home that mold grows on can be very porous, therefore, even though you cant’t see if anymore doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist under the surface. Likewise, painting over the mold or spraying the mold covers it up for a limited time before the mold continues to grow and penetrates the new surface. Completely removing the mold will remove potential toxins from spreading and affecting the air you breathe.
When SERVPRO gets a call to remediate mold, we ensure that the job is done properly. We start out by containing the area where the mold exists. We HEPA vacuum all areas around where the mold exists. The HEPA vacuum is able to trap the smallest particles of mold. Following this step, we would continue with remediation specific to the affected materials where the mold exists. The whole time that remediation is occurring we run air scrubbers to continue to filter the spores out of the air.
Facts About Mold by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
When you have a water damage in your home, if not properly mitigated, you are at risk of mold becoming a problem. Today, I'm going to tell you some facts about mold:
- Mold is a type of fungus.
- One of the most common type of mold is known as mildew.
- There are hundreds of different types of mold.
- Mold can live indoors or outdoors and grows best in damp, warm, and humid environments.
- Even though bathrooms and basements are typically moist areas prone to the growth of molds, any moist area in the household may harbor mold.
- Having a properly installed fan in the bathroom can help reduce the moist content in the room.
- Running a dehumidifier in your basement, especially during the humid months, can help prevent mold from growing.
- Some people experience allergic reactions or have negative health side effects when exposed to mold. The likely hood of this depends on the type of mold growing and the person.
- Controlling the moisture content in your home is the best way to prevent mold.
- Mold is not always able to be seen by the human eye.
- This is why we highly recommend having mold testing completed by an industrial hygienist.
Mold by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Water damage in your home or office? You could be at risk for mold growth - this topic is actually a lot more complex than you might think. So let the SERVPRO Professionals break it down a bit.
"Governor Andrew Cuomo signed NYS Senate Bill S3667D-2013 which will create Article 32 to the Labor Law. This article will establish the licensing of mold inspection, assessment, and remediation specialists and minimum work standards."
Now that this law is in effect - mold remediation specialists are required to have much more certification on their ends. The specifics about requirements to become a licensed assessor or remediator have been left to New York State Department Of Labor. But for homeowners, all you need to know is that any contractor that performs mold remediation/abatement services must be certified.
When should you hire a mold remediation company?
- New York State has set fourth a guideline that whenever 10 sq ft or more of mold is found you should consult a mold remediation specialist.
Need a few more tips?
- Request proof of pollution insurance
- Request proof of workers compensation and liability insurance
- Request employee and company certification.
- Obtain a written contract for all work to be done and costs to be incurred.
Or you could just call SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties because our employees are certified mold remediators and stay up to date on all certifications and requirements set forth by New York State. Our team will continue to advance in mold remediation techniques as the industry advances each year.
Mold is a serious threat to home and office owners, so having professionals who know how to handle the job is crucial. We're just down the road. Give us a call at 607-846-3685.
Watch out for fire starters by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Thousands of deaths are caused by fires, burns and other fire-related injuries every year, and 12% of home candle fires occur in December, the National Fire Protection Association reports. Increased use of candles and fireplaces, combined with an increase in the amount of combustible, seasonal decorations present in many homes means more risk for fire.
- Never leave burning candles unattended or sleep in a room with a lit candle
- Keep candles out of reach of children
- Make sure candles are on stable surfaces
- Don't burn candles near trees, curtains or any other flammable items
- Don't burn trees, wreaths or wrapping paper in the fireplace
- Check and clean the chimney and fireplace area at least once a year
If you find yourself needing the services of SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties, please call at 607-846-3685.
Merry Christmas from SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties!
SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties wants to wish all of you a very safe and Merry Christmas!
Getting a Firm Quote by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler
Getting a Firm Quote
The reality is that not all firms providing fire damage restoration services provide the same pricing scheme for its residential and commercial fire damage remediation services. Because of this reality, you need to make certain that you obtain a thorough estimate or fee quote from a commercial fire damage remediation service.
Although time is of the essence in the aftermath of a residential or commercial fire, if you can, you should attempt to do at least some price comparisons. You cannot sacrifice the need for immediate intervention at the premises, including prompt board up and fire cleanup, in order to spend an inordinate amount of time shopping for the lowest price. Keep in mind that the lowest price for fire damage remediation services typically is not the best deal. You want to seek out the more reputable, effective fire damage restoration professional at the most reasonable price.
Inquire About Equipment
Not only will you want to glean information about the team of specialists at a fire damage remediation firm, you will also want to inquire about the equipment a company uses. For example, you will want to find out what equipment a company uses to deal with issues like fire cleanup more generally, but also to address smoke damage, soot damage, and smoke smell.
Visit SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties for more information about our services.
When Unexpected Storm Damage Ruins Your Home by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
Here in upstate NY, we often receive severe weather. If mother nature wreaks havoc on your property, use these 7 tips for cleaning up after a storm.
1. Get Protective Clothing. Prior to going inside your home, it is imperative that you wear protective boots, clothing, gloves, eye protection, and a mask. Flood waters carry sewage, bacteria and chemical compounds that may be dangerous.
2. Document the Damage. To help with insurance and FEMA claims, you really need to document the damage as soon as it's safe to do so. Take photos and videos of your entire home from each and every angle. Make sure to get exterior and interior photos!
3. Water Extraction. This, you may need help with. Flood water contains potentially dangerous bacteria, rodents, and insects. It's recommended that you have water extraction handled by a locally owned and operated professional disaster response team.
4. Open Windows. Circulating fresh air is an important step for cleaning up after flood damage and preventing mold growth.
5. Remove Personal Items. Furniture, clothing, and other items in the house can be removed to speed the drying. Prior to throwing away damaged items, take photographs, and have them evaluated to see if they can be cleaned and restored.
6. Remove Carpeting, Wet Drywall, and Insulation. If the storm water contains sewage, which many floods do, the flooring in the home will probably have to be removed. Drywall and insulation that has been touched by flood waters and saturated will also have to be removed. This helps prevent future mold growth.
7. Scrub Every Surface. Each and every surface should be scrubbed with a powerful disinfectant.
Your local SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties is available 24x7 and stands at the ready to inspect, extract water, disinfect, dehumidify, and restore your home quickly.
This list might seem overwhelming, and it is. Cleaning up and restoring your home after a storm or water damage in New York requires hard work, proper tools, and specialized equipment.
SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties is locally owned and operated, and we'll work directly with your insurance company for a stress-free claim. Call us 24/7 at (607) 846-3685.
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today: 607-846-3685
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (607) 846-3685
Are you prepared for Santa by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties
As we start December and get excited because the holidays are upon us, we must also keep in mind the importance of safety. Here are some tips to remember during the holidays.
Never use lighted candles near trees, boughs, curtains/drapes, or with any potentially flammable item.
Stand your tree away from fireplaces, radiators and other heat sources. Make sure the tree does not block foot traffic or doorways.
If you use an artificial tree, choose one that is tested and labeled as fire resistant. Artificial trees with built-in electrical systems should have the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) label.
If using a natural tree, make sure it is well watered to avoid dry branches from catching fire from the heat of light bulbs.
Turn off all lights on trees and decorations when you go to bed or leave the house. Unplug extension cords when not in use.
When putting up holiday decorations, always use the proper step stool or ladder to reach high places. Don’t stand on chairs, desks or other furniture.
Prepare your car for the winter by checking items such as the brakes, spark plugs, battery, and tires. Check your owner’s manual for the recommended interval for a tune-up.
Visit http://www.SERVPRObethesdapotomacmd.com/fire-damage-tips for more Fire Damage Emergency Tips.