If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (607) 846-3685

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Watch out for fire starters by SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties

12/28/2017 (Permalink)

Thousands of deaths are caused by fires, burns and other fire-related injuries every year, and 12% of home candle fires occur in December, the National Fire Protection Association reports. Increased use of candles and fireplaces, combined with an increase in the amount of combustible, seasonal decorations present in many homes means more risk for fire.

  • Never leave burning candles unattended or sleep in a room with a lit candle
  • Keep candles out of reach of children
  • Make sure candles are on stable surfaces
  • Don't burn candles near trees, curtains or any other flammable items
  • Don't burn trees, wreaths or wrapping paper in the fireplace
  • Check and clean the chimney and fireplace area at least once a year

If you find yourself needing the services of SERVPRO of Chemung & Schuyler Counties, please call at 607-846-3685. 

Other News

View Recent Posts